1/27/06

The Stink-Eye Olympics and Podcasting

Friday and a rainy morning in Honolulu. Sticky. Wednesday was rainy but I headed out to Moanalua Bay to paddle anyway. The shore was croweded with paddlers though the clouds were heavy with rain. We had enough for two double-hull canoes. We went out for an hour, up to Top Island though we always prefer the ocean. The rain held back. And the sunset revealed eternity.

Last Sunday morning when we were paddling our canoe was consistently beating our coach’s canoe. She stood up dramatically in her canoe after we'd stopped at the midway goal and gave us stink-eye. You know the look. It's that slanted tight cut-eye look that is absolutely directed and means you’d-better-listen-or-stop-what-you’re-doing or the, you’re-going-to-die-or-wish-you-had look. That look is called “stink eye” here in Hawaii. She didn't want our canoe beating her boat. She would have an excellent chance at the Stink-Eye Olympics.

Subscribers: Please note, my website is under construction and the subscription list was disabled. It will be or corrected by February 1st, if not before. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Also note, I'm exploring podcasting and expect to add it as a feature. Any suggestions for programs are welcome. mekkopoet@earthlink.net. Another note: I have my mail set on high spam. You might get an email back saying your email is in the holding tank. I check them all out and let those into my mailbox that aren't trying to sell me cheap mortgages, penis enlargers or get me to give them my bank account number so they can deposit millions in my bank account from Nigeria.

Have a good one.

No comments: