2/23/07

Once I Traveled Far Above This Earth



Photo c Joy Harjo 2007

Moishe Beadle to Elie Wiesel when Wiesel was a boy, looking for a master to teach him Zohar, the Kabbalistic works, the secrets of Jewish mysticism: “There are a thousand and one gates allowing entry into the orchard of mystical truth. Every human being has his own gate. He must not err and wish to enter the orchard through a gate other than his own. That would present a danger not only for the one entering but also for those who are already inside.”
From: Night. Elie Wiesel

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

================
I CIRCLE AROUND
Arapaho Ghost Dance Song. I Circle Around can be used as a song for the Eagle of the East

I circle around, I circle around
The boundaries of the earth
I circle around, I circle around
The boundaries of the earth
Wearing my long-wing feathers as I fly
Wearing my long-wing feathers as I fly
(Repeat 3 times)
================

I learned this 30 years ago at a summer camp called Flying Cloud, run by Quakers in Vermont. I was pleased to find when I just googled it that it was genuine, not pseudo, because I've sung it and loved it since I heard it first.