5/18/07

NOTICE TO ALL STUDENTS WRITING TO ME FOR EXPLANATIONS OF MY POETRY, MUSIC AND ART

I get many requests from students of ALL ages who want me to explain my poetry, my music, or my life for papers. I'm happy to have readers, but, it is not the poet's or artist's responsibility to explain their art. I don't often understand. And the meanings shift and change with context and time. There's mystery involved; there's craft, and history within our field of time and space.

Each response would take anywhere from half an hour to an hour or more. That adds up. Eventually I may post a list on my website that can lead you to interviews and articles that would be useful. For now, I'm too busy with art: the art of life, of poetry, music, and performance. And I need a little rest. Tonight the sky is deep.

Respectfully,

Joy Harjo

Friday night, Los Cerrillos, NM

1 comment:

Brandon said...

Take care of yourself.