9/3/12

This Song is a Pathway

There is a small bird that is not flashy and loud like the blue jay who lives here. Blue jay likes everyone to know he’s here and is especially good looking. That little bird is not the color of passion, and is not known to carry good luck to humans like the redbird. Nor does it blush with orange on its chest which marks it as a keeper of knowledge of the history of a place like the robin whose family has lived her for generations. You would miss this small bird if you scanned the horizon. It is small and brown. Yet, it has a tone so pure your heart opens so it can know the movement of love that is within the architecture of all life. That tone is a doorway. I need that bird’s song this morning. I use it as my path to enter this new day. When I step out into this song I trust my heart. I can hear it singing

No comments: