9/7/09

NAMMY Voting/Please Vote

I have been nominated for three NAMMYs (native music awards). The winners are determined by votes, both from the advisory board and the public. My music has been nominated for: Best Female Artist; Best Song and Best World Music Recording.
Please go to http://www.nativeamericanmusicawards.com/ and vote. Soon. The voting ends in a few weeks!!

Most people assume I've won for my music. I never have....I believe my band Joy Harjo and Poetic Justice holds the record for the most nominations.

Thanks for your help!!

And you'll get a chance to hear what's going on in the native music scene.

3 comments:

ordinarysparrow said...

dear Joy followed the link and at the bottom of the page there is a place to leave a email in order to begin the process to vote. . .

followed through with that and soon lost myself in a endless loop that did not lead anywhere once i got the verification link. . .

if anyone else has been successful in voting, could you please post and give any pointers as to how you made it through the loop. . .

many thanks
river

Glenn Buttkus said...

My last couple comments have been lost of deleted. You have a tough spam filter over there. I tried to "vote" over on the linked website, but found it too difficult to figure out. I loved your previous comments on metaphor and both the power of and the need for poetry in our lives.

Glenn

Susan said...

Joy, thanks for the info. about the site, has been great listening. susan